"May you LIVE all the days of your life" - J. Swift

Friday, July 27, 2012

The Summer of Hiking

I'm sure I've been on more than a dozen hikes this summer.  I love getting out in nature... sometimes alone, other times with friends.  Hiking is one of my favorite ways to appreciate the gift of this beautiful  creation. Here are a few pics from my summer of hiking.


Tandy and I... yeah, she's the reason I committed to hiking weekly this summer... but where has she been in the past month?  Absent.  We gave it a good start though.  First with her was Lower Falls.

Then, Rocky Mouth

 ...On to Broads Fork

And finally, Red Pine Lake


Constance and Cherissa at Bell Canyon Reservoir (I've probably done this hike 1/2 a dozen times alone) in the past few months.  Also, a cool shot from my favorite spot, and then a super cool shot of me in my sunglasses. :)





The next two are me and Christian at Ghost Falls at Corner Canyon.  I also did this one with Melinda... but no picture that time... and I thought I got one. :-(



Justin and I on the Red Pine Lake trail.  

 We also hiked Sunset Peak

 And Silver Fork


Silver Lake with Melissa  

 Mill B North trail with Matt

Desolation Trail with members from the branch on the 4th of July




There have been others that I don't have pictures of, like Lake Solitude & Greens Basin, but you get the idea.  Looking back over these, I'm grateful that I've gotten outside a bunch.  I have loved every hike and every moment of peace, contemplation, friendship, and solitude in the beautiful Wasatch Mountains. 

The Summer of Boating post comes next... stay tuned.





2 comments:

Laura said...

First off, I was hoping for a Dear Laura (and Jared) on all the posts, but that's okay. Secondly, wow... you have been busy. So this is what you do with your time when you don't have a job. That and boating. Know what my summer's been like? Laying on the couch, mostly. And getting winded after carrying my 2 year old and my unborn child up the stairs. One flight. No exaggeration. You're climbing mountains and I can barely do a flight of stairs (granted, we have 9 foot ceilings... but still). Thanks for making me feel physically handicapped :)

Cheryl said...

Lavern, I'd say you were climbing the higher mountains.