"May you LIVE all the days of your life" - J. Swift

Friday, July 27, 2012

Anything besides hiking and boating?

Oh yeah, (Laura, and Jared, and now Mer)... I was going to tell you about the rest of the summer:

Hiking and boating were the key events, but there have been more. I've played some racquetball, completed my summer indexing goal, played JT on many happy occasions, had a ton of reunions with close friends and roommates from my past... one whom I hadn't seen in 17 years.  I've been to a few movies (Avengers, Spiderman, Snow White, and Brave).  I've gone to Bees games, a Real game, the Scottish Festival, and the Joshua Radin concert.  I've ridden little Fuchsia (my scooter) around, been for a motorcycle ride, dressed up like a cow to get a free meal at Chik-fil-a (only with Laura would I do that... Loved it!) and got a free Slurpee on 7/11.  I played pianos on the sidewalk downtown, went to the farmer's market, grilled pizzas, read a few books (History of Love, The Mysterious Benedict Society, Temple and Cosmos (currently), and some books for work...).  I went on walks, went to the temple weekly (haven't missed a week since March 2011 at this point... yay!).  I've eaten well... meaning good food. I could have stood to eat more healthily.  I had a cooking class and went to the Chalk Art Festival.  I've been to a couple funerals (sad) and weddings (happy), and attended some parties and barbecues.  I've met new friends, and cherished long-time friendships.  I have even worked several days this summer.

It has been packed... And what it has helped me to see is that I have a life filled with the best of people, good adventures, amazing memories, incredible opportunities, and the Gospel.  I couldn't ask for any better than that.

1 comment:

Marinda said...

now that's what i call an AWESOME summer!