"May you LIVE all the days of your life" - J. Swift

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Face Tomorrow


I could write a blog post every day for the rest of my life using song quotes and likely not run out of material.  I look to music as a form of therapy at times... Be it spiritual music or just songs that give a bit of hope or direction.  In fact, I have a playlist I often listen to filled with non-religious songs that are uplifting or have lines I consider worth quoting... songs that give hope or inspire in some way.  Music is a powerful force in my life.  Not that I always listen.  I take special measure to provide moments of contemplation in silence, without anything playing in the background.  And sometimes I listen to books on tape or a talk or listen to the news on the radio.  Still, I love those moments when there is a message shared with me powerfully through a random lyric that some songwriter wrote along their journey, which, in turn, helps me along my journey.  

So, my next series of blog posts may be all based on this idea.  

This particular post begins where my last post left off.  The decision I was facing was whether to keep a job I'd accepted at a local elementary school in a district, or to keep my job at the charter school. There were quite a few pros to both, and cons to match.  Different potential for future opportunities.  And a lot of personal, emotional reasons to make this decision even more difficult.  

In the end, I decided to stay where I was, and consequently face the rather difficult task of going against my original word and letting the school that had offered me the position know that I was actually not going to sign the contract.  I felt sick to my stomach for a bit.  It wasn't easy.  I suddenly recalled all the reasons I shouldn't or didn't want to stay where I was.  And yet, by then it was certainly too late.  Fortunately, I really did feel best about that decision, and soon after, I felt the peace and comfort in making it.  And part of the peace came when I heard a song and listened to the lyrics a little better than I had in the past, and decided to face tomorrow in high hopes and spirits.  

Yes, the searching is easy. It is the finding that's hard. Just keep looking
and you'll discover, who you are. 

(Realizing here that searching for the answer truly was the easy part... time consuming, but I knew what to do and found blessings all around as I did that.  
Finding and recognizing the final answer was a pretty true trial... yet in the process I discovered a bit more of who I truly am, and I think that was part of why I faced it all in the first place)

Life's too short to second guess, I'll surely make mistakes
I'll just try to do my best, no matter what it takes

Here's hoping this wasn't one of the mistakes I'd surely make! :)... Regardless, I will continue to do my best in this and all other endeavors:

I'll face tomorrow like yesterday. 
Face tomorrow. Come what may

It is a bright prospect to simply face tomorrow, like yesterday (so far all has worked out, right?).  Yep, I'll face tomorrow, come what may ("and love it" -- Joseph B. Wirthlin)