"May you LIVE all the days of your life" - J. Swift

Sunday, June 21, 2009

True Companion and other favorites...

When I was a junior in high school my sister introduced me to a musician/album that quickly became one of my all-time favorites: Marc Cohn (his self titled album).  It didn't hurt that James Taylor sang background for one of the songs.  For your reference, Marc Cohn is the one who sings Walking In Memphis, which is probably the only song of his that really made it big.  Sad, because as good as that is, he also has so many other great ones.  

Included among my particular favorites is a song that I vowed back in high school was going to one day be my wedding song: True Companion.  That was 17 years ago, and I haven't yet used it but I still love it.  Marc played it at the concert I went to last night (thanks for the tickets Jen!) so I thought I'd share. Here's a clip of the 2nd verse... I actually have another clip with the remainder of the song, but these segments just take way too long for me to download.  So, this is all you get, but check it out on itunes (or on my playlist here... I believe it's on there).  I also include here for your listening pleasure the entire song of Walking in Memphis which I uploaded to youtube because that was quicker.  Enjoy! 

  

1 comment:

Laura said...

It does make a good wedding song! (Even if your dad's band butchers it at the reception.) :)