"May you LIVE all the days of your life" - J. Swift

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Don't Stop

I'm not a big concert goer anymore.  I used to attend them as often as possible in my middle and high school days... now they're not as much of a priority.  Part of that is because I listen to less mainstream music and those artists don't come as often.  The other part is that the concerts I would have attended have gotten so blasted expensive.  From $20 20 years ago to triple that these days. that's quite the inflation.

In the past year the concerts I've been to include the Telluride music festival (including Ryan Adams & Ani DiFranco), James Taylor, Neil Diamond (Diamond is forever), and last night... Fleetwood Mac.  As I was writing this I realized that strangely, but not so much so if you know him at all, I attended every one with my omniscient music friend Christian.  He probably goes to as many concerts in a week as I do in a year.

Last night's show was amazing. I'm glad I went.  I wasn't going to... and in a moment of weakness and when it was reported that the tickets were going to be less than they actually ended up being I said yes.  I wouldn't have if I knew the correct price before they were purchased, but because of it I had a great and memorable evening, and I have had many great songs running through my head ever since.  I love Fleetwood Mac's music, and they put on an incredible show.  The only element missing was Christine McVie.  Sadly, without Christine there was no "You Make Loving Fun", "Everywhere", "Hold Me", or "Songbird".... all huge losses.  Yet, we got "Go Your Own Way", "Second Hand News", "Rhiannon", "Gypsy", "Dreams", "Sara", "Silver Spring", "Say You Love Me", "Landslide", "Big Love"... and towards the end when they sang "Don't Stop" I was yelling afterwards for them to not stop, and they listened to me... we got an encore or two.  Thanks Mick, Stevie and Lindsey.

 


1 comment:

MEB said...

Cheryl-That is so awesome you got to go to the concert. Every time I hear a Fleetwood Mac song I think of you and our White House days. :) You are the best!