"May you LIVE all the days of your life" - J. Swift

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

"I'm In Love, I'm in love and I don't care who knows it!"

I'm in love with the town of Hallstatt.  It was a nice and relaxing couple days Monday and Tuesday in the laketown of Halstatt Austria... I was sad to leave this morning.  We took a boat into the city when we arrived, slept in a zimmer (bed and breakfast) for those two nights, had a great birthday dinner for Connie's golden birthday, hiked, wandered, and enjoyed.  And it has been a crazy day today trying to fit everything from Salzburg into 6 hours.  But we did well... ate some good sausages from the local favorite shop, had ice cream (of course I talk about food first).  We toured through the popular sites from the Sound of Music, saw where Mozart grew up and his later residence.  I saw a man in liederhosen (how does one spell that?) that didn't appear to be in costume for anything from what I could tell, but who knows?  We've had many awesome moments and are only a third of the way into our adventure.  Good days.  Tonight it's the night train to Venice.   

3 comments:

MEB said...

I am so glad you and Connie are having so much fun. Hallstatt is gorgeous! Thank goodness Connie had some yummy food on her birthday. What a place to spend her "Golden" birthday. I love it! Enjoy Italy!

Mary Ann Carlile said...

YAY! I am so glad you are posting so I can keep up on your adventures! Be safe and have fun!

Marinda said...

please take lots of pictures!