"May you LIVE all the days of your life" - J. Swift

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Cinque+ Terres

From Halstatt on to Italy. We arrived in Venice ... amazing! a city built on water. It was beautiful. Then we spent two nights in Florence, but for the day in between it was Roma. With seeing Michelangelos David and the Colosseum in the same day, it was awe inspiring and completely exhausting. The next day we donned our packs, went to the market and bought a small item or two that would be packable as souvenirs, and were on our way to Cinque Terre. It is the main oceanside area of Italy and it has been a vacation in itself. I could spend a week just here relaxing and enjoying the beauties. Would that I had more time. Another day I guess (sigh). The colorful apartments, laundry drying on lines outside the balconies, boats tied to shore while not in use, and colorful hills filled with vineyards (it is an area famous for its wine)... I saw many artists sketching and water coloring and thought that the next time I come I am going to have learned a little of that talent so I can join them. Tomorrow we will find Switzerland. I am excited yet again (that feeling never dies when you are on a whirlwind tour of Europe). Take care.

3 comments:

Mary Ann Carlile said...

Oh wow - I am so jealous! I can't wait to see the pictures! Be sure to tell Bell that her Nebraska trip will be sure to rival this one;)

MEB said...

Wow! Florence and Rome in one day! That is a VERY busy day. I am so glad you guys are having so much fun!

Laura said...

Shirt,
First of all, weren't we supposed to go to Europe together???
Second, I am very jealous of you... again.
Third, I absolutely agree about Cinque Terres. We spent one incredible day there and I thought it was the most beautiful place ever. The other cities have their charm too, but wow, that place is amazing!