"May you LIVE all the days of your life" - J. Swift

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spontanaity

Untrue to my normal, cautious character, on Thursday I made a spontaneous move: I bought airline tickets to Europe. Connie's joining me and we're leaving this Thursday. We're flying into Germany, then going to Austria, Italy, Switzerland, France, and maybe Belgium. at least that's the plan for now. It may change as we go, because with this short of notice we're not exactly following a strict schedule... we haven't even had time to make as much of a sketch of a schedule. Finally I'll have something interesting to blog about. Retirement really is the life!

5 comments:

Laura said...

That is AWESOME! What an incredible opportunity! You really couldn't do this if you had a job right now, aye? So, I am stoked to hear about the trip when you return. See, this is what I was talking about in my post - this is the kind of living I've denied myself - which makes you my hero!

Lindsay said...

Have a great time!!!!!!!!!! I want to retire!

MEB said...

I am SO excited for you! Where in Austria are you going? If you are going to Salzburg I have some places to suggest to you. You are going to LOVE Europe!

Cheryl said...

I AM going to Austria... I'll have to try calling you again today or tomorrow. I'd love any advice!

Watson said...

Hey have fun! Sounds like a blast!