"May you LIVE all the days of your life" - J. Swift

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Blessings and Curses

So, with my roommate Connie and I both working for the same company and thus being laid off soon, and our roommate Jen leaving church today to find someone had broken her window to steal her bag including money, phone, ID, etc., we are reminding our fourth and final roommate to be very careful.  But along with the financial curses that have come our way I realize these experiences are also bringing with it many blessings.  I'm already beginning to see how much my friends and family are looking out for me... and I already feel increased compassion for all who suffer in this and any other way.  And somehow I'm finding myself looking at this position that I'm in (as scary as it can be at times) as a good thing.  Maybe I've lost it.  And I'm sure to have sketchy moments from time to time where I'll label this a great curse, but I know there are lessons to be learned in all that we go through in life, and that Heavenly Father blesses us and takes care of our needs as long as we are doing our best in life.  I'm grateful for that faith.

4 comments:

Mary Ann Carlile said...

We are sure thinking a lot of you two! Good luck, and you are right - everything will work out. And if it doesn't? Well I am sure that Mike and Marinda could use a new roommate or two;)

Marinda said...

haha i'd put you to work!

Cheryl said...

When can I move in?

Watson said...

Wow. Sorry to hear about the job. I'm sure it will work out. I think the Whites should let you move in. They have 5 couches and an extra bed.