"May you LIVE all the days of your life" - J. Swift

Saturday, December 6, 2008

I Can Fly! ... (Tandem)... Kind of?

I've lived in Salt Lake nearly all my life. The point of the mountain is right next door, and it is world renowned for great, consistent paragliding. ...And yet I've never taken the opportunity to go? Yeah, that's not right. Well, today I took that opportunity and flew with it. My friends/roommates Connie & Cherissa joined me in the adventure, and I checked off another item on my 150 list.

Check out the pics and videos (there are a lot... it was just so cool):









Me getting ready:





























The action video of me taking off below:


























































Below: Cherissa on her flight

















































The next video is a great one of Connie... I don't think that's the traditional way of getting the tandem rider ready to go, but somehow it worked.

















Ta dah!!! (the end)

9 comments:

Laura said...

Cool Chert! Once again, I am totally jealous of your adventurous life. Congrats on checking another one off. Oh and was that gum in your mouth?

Brenna said...

I love it! I am so proud of you Cheryl! You just keep checking things off that list of yours... and I'll keep living vicariously through you! :)

Laura said...

Cheryl,

You are my hero! That is so freakin' awesome! One year, I was going to take Tyson paragliding for his birthday, but it didn't work out in the end. It is definitely on my list, too. (I really need to write that out still.) Thanks for sharing your adventure!

Watson said...

Wow.. That is awesome. I am jealous!

Marinda said...

you little punk! you didn't say anything about that on thursday night! were you scared at all?

Cheryl said...

It's not scary at all. It's completely mellow, actually. The people we went with have taken people as young as 3 and as old as 85 and have done it for years without any accidents. It's an easy, low key way to do something different and exciting.

Watson said...

How do you get in on this? I think I want to do it. It will cure my fear of heights.

christycunn1 said...

You are amazing! I would like to know what your other 149 things to do before you die list are.
It was great to see you at the wedding. I was sorry I didn't get a chance to say bye.
Good luck with your next new adventure. I want to here about it.

Claire said...

Hey Cheryl,
Had to check out your blog - I took the link from FB - boy, are you having fun or what!?!! I am so excited for your list - sounds very amazing! (and inspiring...hmmm) And that flying - the point of the mountain - WOW! (add hand jestures) - (do you still do that?) I read the one about your mom's birthday (awesome - that was so thoughtful) and you loosing your job. (though I don't know what you do) So, shirly, you will find something even better! Great to find you again!