"May you LIVE all the days of your life" - J. Swift

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Spending habits

I'm guessing that most people who know me and my spending habits consider me frugal and a bit of a saver (translation: cheap). I think they're right. Oh, but I do prefer the word frugal over cheap because really... I don't buy or like cheap stuff, I just save and don't buy anything until I can find something of the quality worth the money they're charging... AND it has to be a good deal.

Well, I just went through a few months of really being low on money and not purchasing much beyond the necessities because of 1) not receiving as much rent money because a roommate moved out, and 2) yardwork, high water bills, and other related summer expenses. So on August 1st I got a new roommate and a raise at work, and now that I'm starting to see that bit of additional money I've gone a little wild this week. I bought an eliptical machine (at below the retailer's cost though), ski boots (which, incidentally were only $9, regularly $385), and a Nintendo wii & wii fit (regular price... how did that happen? :( ), among other items.

Most people that know me are probably a little concerned right now. That's not typical behavior for me. But I assure you I'm doing all right, and I am well committed to going on a spending diet starting now! Really, I have nothing left to buy... I just got it all.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Cherly, I'm a little concerned about that $9 you forked out for the boots. Do you need a loan to tide you over?

Mary Ann Carlile said...

Just as long as I can come and play with you Wii, I am okay with your spending habits;)

Amy said...

You sound a lot like me! I was so good last month because I was making all the money out of the two of us, and I was too tired to shop. Well, this month I've already spent the entire grocery budget, have already gone out for dinner twice, and am pricing out new printers and digital cameras. Ack, I can't stop!